- 24 июля 2018Japan’s reformed data privacy law is recognized as “equivalent” to the EU’s GDPR. The recognition of reciprocal adequacy creates the world’s largest zone of safe data transfers and reinforces the importance of data protection in international trade.
- 10 июля 2018In an increasing trend since the implementation of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation, several more companies have disclosed system data breaches that resulted in stolen information.
- 10 июля 2018The NIS Directive is a new EU regulation that sets new security standards for critical infrastructures. A range of different enterprises, from transportation and energy companies to digital service providers, will be affected.
- 09 июля 2018To comply with the EU's General Data Protection Regulation, many companies have improved their privacy policies. A new AI tool called Claudette is being used to assess these policies to see if they are compliant with the regulation.
- 04 июля 2018The state’s new data privacy regulations give consumers more rights on how businesses collect, use and exchange their personal information, while receiving the same quality of service.
- 03 июля 2018Big breaches in June: Marketing data firm Exactis inadvertently leaked personal information of American citizens and businesses, while Paris-based Fastbooking and ticketing distributor Ticketmaster UK suffered data breaches.
- 27 июня 2018The ePrivacy Regulation (ePR) is a proposed piece of legislation that wants to secure electronic communications in the European Union. Recent drafts show that the regulation may actually affect the development of applications like WhatsApp and Skype, as well
- 26 июня 2018The UK tax authority has collected the voiceprints of over 5 million people, and a report from a privacy group shows that the organization may not be compliant with the new data protection regulations.
- 14 июня 2018The UK's Information Commissioner’s Office investigated the 2014 Yahoo data breach and found that the tech company failed to adequately protect it users. The findings from the incident have resulted in a fine for Yahoo.