Assess What You Know About Targeted Attacks
12 de febrero de 2013
Download the infographic: Grounded in APT FactsNinety-six percent of enterprises think they know what targeted attack campaigns are. But studies show that more than half can't even differentiate between traditional threats and actual attacks. How far is enterprise perception on their targeted attack preparedness from reality?
Comparing perceptions versus reality reveals the gaps in enterprise security strategies. For instance, many believe that social networking sites, BYOD, rooting, and jailbreaking spell trouble for IT professionals. However, research shows that most attackers actually choose spear phishing to try and get into a network.
If everyone with access to a company’s network takes the time to assess what they know and what they think they know, then it’s easier to develop a mindset prepared for any threat attackers may pose.
If an IT professional, for instance, is familiar with how to exactly catch all the tell-tale APT signs, he won’t only protect the network using traditional defense solutions like firewalls and free anti-malware. He will, instead, combine the traditional with the new—sandboxing, mobile anti-malware, and custom defense.
Review your targeted attack beliefs and perceptions with the enterprise preparedness infographic here.
Like it? Add this infographic to your site:
1. Click on the box below. 2. Press Ctrl+A to select all. 3. Press Ctrl+C to copy. 4. Paste the code into your page (Ctrl+V).
Image will appear the same size as you see above.
Publicado en Cyber Attacks, Infographics, Targeted Attacks
- Ransomware Spotlight: TargetCompany
- Email Threat Landscape Report: Cybercriminal Tactics, Techniques That Organizations Need to Know
- Preventing an Imminent Ransomware Attack With Early Detection and Investigation
- Inside the Halls of a Cybercrime Business
- Securing Cloud-Native Environments with Zero Trust: Real-World Attack Cases