News & Updates
- September 01, 2022A relative newcomer in 2022, the Black Basta ransomware group has wasted no time making a name for itself by upgrading its toolset and racking up its victim count around the world mere months since its ransomware was first detected. Learn more about this new ransomware and fortify your organization’s defenses against this threat.
- August 31, 2022In our midyear security roundup, we highlight the most significant security stories that made a considerable impact on the threat landscape in the first half of 2022 amid a diffused labor pool and a widening digital attack surface.
- August 24, 2022Cybercriminal groups cannot operate independently. To keep their operations up and running, they need specific services provided by third parties. We investigate one such business that has been integral to the activities of a number of high-profile gangs.
- August 08, 2022Innovators are diving into a new and immersive virtual space, but with new technology comes new threats. We bring forward possible problematic issues that metaverse pioneers should be wary of.
- July 14, 2022We examined the potential risks associated with using the serverless environment service for secrets management.
- July 05, 2022BlackByte is a ransomware group that has been building a name for itself since 2021. Like its contemporaries, it has gone after critical infrastructure for a higher chance of getting a payout. What techniques sets it apart?
- June 30, 2022In past decades, we have seen how the web has drastically evolved. From the static, read-only version of Web 1.0, we have witnessed its transformation to its present mode — as the dynamic, interactive, and content creator-driven iteration that is Web 2.0.
- June 21, 2022In this report, we highlight the notable email threats of 2021, including over 33.6 million high-risk email threats (representing a 101% increase from 2020’s numbers) that we’ve detected using the Trend Micro Cloud App Security platform.
- June 14, 2022We examine Azure’s Managed Identities service and its security capability in a threat model as developers’ go-to feature for managing secrets and credentials.