News & Updates
- March 29, 2022Our research into cloud-based cryptocurrency mining sheds light on the malicious actor groups involved in this space, their ongoing battle for cloud resources, and the actual extent of the impact of their attacks.
- March 18, 2022Hive ransomware is one of the new ransomware families in 2021 that poses significant challenges to enterprises worldwide. We take an in-depth look at the ransomware group’s operations and discuss how organizations can bolster their defenses against it.
- March 17, 2022We look back at the most significant security issues that emerged in 2021, with insights and recommendations to help organizations bolster their defenses.
- March 11, 2022In collaboration with the Cybersecurity Program of OAS/CICTE, we examine the cybersecurity challenges affecting member states of the OAS. These issues include ransomware and active attacks, threats related to remote work, and the risks brought about by the adoption of new technologies.
- February 22, 2022We take a closer look at the operations of Clop, a prolific ransomware family that has gained notoriety for its high-profile attacks. We review this ransomware group’s constantly changing schemes and discuss how companies can shore up defenses against this threat.
- February 15, 2022SMS PVA services allow their customers to create disposable user profiles or register verified accounts on many popular platforms. Unfortunately, criminals can misuse these services to conduct fraud or other malicious activities.
- February 09, 2022The popularity of QR codes has created fertile ground for malicous actors to spruce up their malware tool kit for scams that steal not only personal information but also hard-earned assets that are impossible to recover once lost. We take a closer look at the different QR code-related scams and provide helpful tips on how to use QR codes safely.
- January 28, 2022This latest report features the ransomware threat landscape in the fourth quarter of 2021, and includes notable ransomware families and the types of industries and enterprises that were targeted. This report also highlights two modern ransomware families that worked overtime during this period, Conti and LockBit.
- January 27, 2022Following 5G implementation in US airports, we discuss the technical features, security concerns, and potential risks this implementation carries for the industry and its customers, as well as provide some recommendations.