Targeted Attacks Call For a Different Approach
31 octobre 2011
These attacks are most commonly aimed at civil society organizations, business enterprises and government/military networks. Given the targeted nature of these attacks, the distribution is low; however, the impact on compromised institutions remains high. As a result, targeted attacks have become a priority threat.
This paper will examine the stages of a targeted attack from the reconnaissance phase through to the data ex-filtration phase and will explore trends in the tools, tactics and procedures used in such attacks. It will conclude with a high-level examination of mitigation strategies that leverage threat intelligence and data security in order to provide organizations with the information they need to increase their human capacity, to analyze and respond to threats and to customize technical solutions in ways that best fit their own defensive posture.
Like it? Add this infographic to your site:
1. Click on the box below. 2. Press Ctrl+A to select all. 3. Press Ctrl+C to copy. 4. Paste the code into your page (Ctrl+V).
Image will appear the same size as you see above.
- Ransomware Spotlight: Trigona
- Steering Clear of Security Blind Spots: What SOCs Need to Know
- Understanding the Kubernetes Security Triad: Image Scanning, Admission Controllers, and Runtime Security
- Preempting Threats to Connected Cars: The Importance of Cybersecurity in a Data-Driven Automotive Ecosystem
- Your Stolen Data for Sale