Key Learning Objectives
- Describe what misinformation is, why it exists, and how it can be harmful to others.
- Correctly identify examples of misinformation.
- Determine what action to take if you come across potential misinformation.
Just 4 steps to complete the episode!
- 1.Watch the short 3-minute animated video with the children. Play it a few times!
- 2.Discuss the video with the children using our conversation guide to help you.
- 3.Ask each child to complete the Kahoot! Quiz below.
- 4.Print the Activity Sheet - a fun homework activity for children.
What is Misinformation?
A Parent’s Guide to Media Literacy
National Association for Media Literacy Education (NAMLE), in partnership with Trend Micro
Tip sheet on how to deal with fake news, scams, and a lot more!
Useful questions and answers to guide you in conversation with kids
6. What would you do if you came across this online?
What kinds of questions would you ask yourself? Would you share it?
7. Would you share this with friends and family? Why or why not?
Take the Kahoot! Quiz
Homework Activity Sheet
Did you like the Misinformation episode?
We would love your feedback! Our goal is to deliver the Cyber Academy program to as many children around the world as possible. If you have completed this episode with children at home or in school, then you are helping us reach our global goal!
The Internet Safety Series for Kids age 7-10
2 NEW EPISODES and more episodes coming soon
Start an episode today!
Each episode consists of:
- A short three-minute animated video
- A conversation guide to support teachers/parents (It’s basically a Q&A for kids)
- A Kahoot! Quiz to reinforce the learning
- A popular and fun activity sheet; a great homework activity to engage all the family at home.