Key Learning Objectives
- Understand why it is important to have healthy habits when using the internet
- Learn 7 healthy habits when using the internet
Just 4 steps to complete the episode!
- 1.Watch the short 3-minute animated video with the children. Play it a few times!
- 2.Discuss the video with the children using our conversation guide to help you.
- 3.Ask each child to complete the Kahoot! Quiz below.
- 4.Print the Activity Sheet below as homework for the children.
What are Healthy Habits Online?
Useful questions and answers to help you guide the conversation with kids
Why is it important to eat healthy, exercise, brush our teeth and get plenty of sleep?
What would you do if you shared something online that you regretted later?
Delete or remove it from the app or ask a grown up to help you remove it. It is so important to think before we share anything online so that we avoid this from ever happening. Before you send something ask yourself ‘Would I want the whole world to see this?’ or you could ask ‘How will my family and friends feel if I post this?’
What is a digital footprint?
What would you do if someone else shared something online about you online that you did not like? (Comment/photo/Video)
Has anyone ever looked themselves up online?
Share an example of something new that you have learned using the internet?
How does the internet help others in the world?
Have you ever used the internet to use your talents?
Enter competitions for art, videos, coding, writing? It is a great way to show others our talent and to celebrate achievements too.
How often would you take regular breaks when you are online a lot?
Remember healthy habits are things that we do that are good for us. They keep us fit and heathy, both our body and mind. Stretching, leaving down a device, moving around, exercise, and going outside are important.
How could you help family and friends practice healthy habits online?
Showing family at home what you have learned in this episode would be a great start. As you discover more healthy habits online share them with others!
Take the Kahoot! Quiz
Homework Activity Sheet
Did you like the Healthy Habits episode?
We would love your feedback! Our goal is to deliver the Cyber Academy program to as many children around the world as possible. If you have completed this episode with children at home or in school, then you are helping us reach our global goal!
Welcome to Trend Micro’s Internet Safety Series for Kids
Each Cyber Academy episode takes just 10-15 minutes to complete.
It is available for free, on demand for children age 7-10.
Start an episode today!
Each episode consists of:
- A short three-minute animated video
- A conversation guide to support teachers/parents (Q&A for kids)
- A Kahoot! Quiz to reinforce the learning
- A downloadable activity sheet to be used as homework
- Safety Settings
- Camera Safety
- Screen Time and Self Care
- Kindness Online
- Fake News