Key Learning Objectives
- Describe what copyright is and why it exists.
- Describe the consequences of not giving credit for others’ work.
- Identify the types of content protected by copyright.
- Describe how to find and use copyright-free content.
Just 4 steps to complete the episode!
- 1.Watch the short 3-minute animated video with the children. Play it a few times!
- 2.Discuss the video with the children using our conversation guide to help you.
- 3.Ask each child to complete the Kahoot! Quiz below.
- 4.Print the Activity Sheet - a fun homework activity for children.
What is Copyright?
Useful questions and answers to guide you in conversation with kids
5. Here are some examples of work that students created. Look at each one and think about copyright. Do these students need to get permission and give credit to anyone? Why or why not?
a.) A student posts a photo to Instagram of flowers from their garden, which they took with their phone.
b.) A student posts a video of a baking tutorial to YouTube with a popular song playing in the background.
c.) A student shares a video on a social network, copies someone else’s dance moves and uses music from the social network's free music library.
Take the Kahoot! Quiz
Homework Activity Sheet
Did you like the Copyright episode?
We would love your feedback! Our goal is to deliver the Cyber Academy program to as many children around the world as possible. If you have completed this episode with children at home or in school, then you are helping us reach our global goal!
The Internet Safety Series for Kids age 7-10
2 NEW EPISODES and more episodes coming soon
Start an episode today!
Each episode consists of:
- A short three-minute animated video
- A conversation guide to support teachers/parents (It’s basically a Q&A for kids)
- A Kahoot! Quiz to reinforce the learning
- A popular and fun activity sheet; a great homework activity to engage all the family at home.