Key Learning Objectives
- Understand what a password is and why they are important
- Learn 3 skills to keep your passwords safe and secure
Just 4 steps to complete the episode!
- 1.Watch the short 3-minute animated video with the children. Play it a few times!
- 2.Discuss the video with the children using our conversation guide to help you.
- 3.Ask each child to complete the Kahoot! Quiz below.
- 4.Print the Activity Sheet below as homework for the children.
How to Create Strong Passwords?
Useful questions and answers to help you guide the conversation with kids
What is a password?
How does a password protect you?
What does a strong password look like?
- It can be a word, a phrase, or a sentence.
- It’s long and has capital letters, small letters, numbers, and special characters like !@#$% and so on.
- They’re easy for you to remember but not easy for others to guess!
Examples of a strong password
|Weak Passwords||Strong Passwords|
What are three strong password skills?
- Use different passwords on every app and game that you use.
- Don’t share them.
- Change them often.
Take the Kahoot! Quiz
Homework Activity Sheet
Did you like the Passwords episode?
We would love your feedback! Our goal is to deliver the Cyber Academy program to as many children around the world as possible. If you have completed this episode with children at home or in school, then you are helping us reach our global goal!
Welcome to Trend Micro’s Internet Safety Series for Kids
Each Cyber Academy episode takes just 10-15 minutes to complete.
It is available for free, on demand for children age 7-10.
Start an episode today!
Each episode consists of:
- A short three-minute animated video
- A conversation guide to support teachers/parents (Q&A for kids)
- A Kahoot! Quiz to reinforce the learning
- A downloadable activity sheet to be used as homework
- Safety Settings
- Camera Safety
- Screen Time and Self Care
- Kindness Online
- Fake News