- May 29, 2018Researchers reported that over a hundred Android devices had been preinstalled with the adware Cosiloon, affecting more than 18,000 gadgets in more than 100 countries.
- May 24, 2018VPNFilter malware has infected routers in more than 54 countries and can be used for attacks, intelligence collection, and destroying devices in a single command worldwide, affecting both enterprise and home networks.
- May 11, 2018Researchers discover SynAck ransomware family to be first to use Process Doppelgänging as evasion technique, making it more difficult and complicated for detection and analysis.
- April 10, 2018We look at some of the defining moments in the threat landscape that helped steer organizations toward adding proactive incident response strategies to their cybersecurity defenses.
- April 02, 2018Data from five million credit and debit cards was put up for sale on the dark web last March 28. Security researchers investigating the sale traced the data back to Saks Faith Avenue and other stores under the Hudson's Bay company.
- February 26, 2018We delved into 2017’s most notable threats to see what lies ahead in the mobile landscape, and what users and organizations can do to navigate it in 2018 and beyond.
- February 22, 2018The city of Allentown in Pennsylvania was hit with a costly malware attack. Reports point to the long-running Emotet malware as the culprit. The attack forced city officials to shut down some critical systems, and will also cost the city an estimated US$1 mill
- January 30, 2018ATM jackpotting being detected for the first time in the United States as ATM manufacturers warn banks on attacks.
- January 24, 2018Dark Caracal, a hacking group behind several cyberattacks that used trojanized Android apps to collect data from thousands of victims, was discovered.