- October 02, 2019The FDA notified patients, healthcare professionals, and other stakeholders, warning them of a set of 11 vulnerabilities that could put medical devices and hospital networks at risk.
- September 23, 2019The nonprofit group Open Privacy Research Society recently publicized that the confidential medical and personally identifiable information (PII) of patients across Vancouver, Canada, is being leaked through the paging systems of hospitals in the area. What do
- December 03, 2018We look at some of the defining moments in the threat landscape that helped steer organizations toward adding proactive incident response strategies to their cybersecurity defenses.
- April 10, 2018We look at some of the defining moments in the threat landscape that helped steer organizations toward adding proactive incident response strategies to their cybersecurity defenses.
- January 17, 2018Hancock Health, a regional hospital in Indiana, paid a $55,000 ransom following a ransomware attack that infected the hospital’s systems and hindered its operations.
- September 11, 2017The U.S.’ Food and Drug Administration recently issued a recall of 465,000 pacemakers amid reports of vulnerabilities identified in the devices. The ICS-CERT issued the same advisory to wireless syringe infusion pumps. Get the details here.
- February 21, 2017Research on how the healthcare sector has evolved as a preferred target for cybercriminals, how stolen records are monetized, what types of data are stolen, and how much they're sold for in the underground.
- September 26, 2016With a little SDR knowledge and a $20 USB dongle, attackers can read unencrypted pager messages from tens of kilometers away. Who still uses pagers in this day and age? Healthcare facilities. Goodbye, PHI.
- September 07, 2016HIPAA offers healthcare enterprises a comprehensive guide on ransomware incidents, from prevention tactics to proper management and response.