- February 22, 2016The Linux Mint website has been hacked and was found to be pointing to malicious ISOs that contained an IRC bot. What happened and who is affected?
- February 15, 2016The networks of a Hollywood hospital have been crippled by a ransomware attack with a $3.6M ransom.
- February 08, 2016Trend Micro CTO Raimund Genes talks about the security issues that are expected to matter in 2016
- November 23, 2015This research paper provides a closer look into China’s bustling cybercriminal underground—including new market offerings like leaked data search engines and carding devices.
- November 16, 2015The security threat landscape was filled with a lot of big, notable incidents this year, but that doesn't mean we can't be thankful for other developments this Thanksgiving. Here are five things we're grateful for this year.
- November 11, 2015End-to-end encryption email service ProtonMail learned a costly lesson about cyber ransom tactics: just because hackers demanded a ransom, it doesn’t mean the attacks are going to stop once you pay up.
- October 27, 2015From new extortion schemes and IoT threats to improved cybercrime legislation, Trend Micro predicts how the security landscape is going to look like in 2016.
- October 13, 2015This research paper offers a glimpse into Japan's unique cybercriminal underground—it's economy, the cybercriminals' activities, and a marketplace characterized by the taboo, the illegal, and the vindictive.
- September 28, 2015From traditional credit cards to next-gen payment processing technologies such as EMV cards and mobile wallets, here's a look at how they work, as well as their advantages and disadvantages.