Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- 10 de abril de 2019The threat actor London Blue has been refining its BEC techniques and expanding its scope for both targets and regions.
- 08 de abril de 2019A severe ransomware attack has crippled operations of local government offices in Genesee County, Michigan. More severe than originally thought, services are still stalled after almost a week. The county reports that data has not been taken.
- 08 de abril de 2019Tax season is upon us (again), and so are IRS tax scammers. How prepared are you when it comes to filing your taxes and defending against IRS tax fraud? Learn more about these scams and how you can protect yourself.
- 02 de abril de 2019More than 13,000 Internet Small Computer Systems Interface (iSCSI) clusters were found to be unsecured and accessible over the public internet due to their owners’ failing to password-protect them.
- 01 de abril de 2019Researchers discovered hundreds of compromised CMS sites delivering malicious payloads such as Shade ransomware and phishing pages to users.
- 29 de marzo de 2019Personal health information of over 350,000 consumers were potentially compromised after nine employees of the Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS) fell victim to a phishing attack.
- 28 de marzo de 2019Parisian authorities recently arrested five men for hacking gas station pumps and stealing 120,000 liters of petrol and diesel. This was possible because the stations did not change the default PIN code of their gas pumps.
- 26 de marzo de 2019A business email compromise (BEC) scheme took more than $100 million from Facebook and Google. Legitimate-looking invoices, contracts and more fooled the two tech companies and they wired millions to the fraudsters over a period of years.
- 25 de marzo de 2019In a survey commissioned by Trend Micro, nearly 50 percent of 1,125 chief information security officer (CISO) respondents shared that skills shortage is a cause for concern for their organizations.