Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- 24 de abril de 2019Trend Micro researchers uncovered a sextortion scheme targeting Italian-speaking users. The scheme is notable in that the hackers are now also using Bitcoin Cash as one of their preferred cryptocurrencies.
- 23 de abril de 2019Is the adoption of automation technologies the be-all and end-all of an effective cybersecurity fortress?
- 23 de abril de 2019Ransomware's destructive impact still makes it a significant threat, with the latest spate of attacks crippling several counties and municipalities in the U.S.
- 19 de abril de 2019A new report found that of 546,247 phishing attacks deployed against Office 365, 25% were able to bypass its security.
- 18 de abril de 2019A ransomware family was recently spotted targeting vulnerable Samba servers: NamPoHyu Virus aka MegaLocker Virus. NamPoHyu Virus searches for publicly accessible Samba servers, brute-forces them, and runs the ransomware locally to encrypt the exposed servers.
- 17 de abril de 2019DICOM, an international medical standard for transmitting, processing and storing medical images has been found with a flaw that can allow threat actors to embed malicious code in otherwise legitimate medical images.
- 16 de abril de 2019A new business email compromise (BEC) scheme, where attacker tricks the recipients into rerouting paychecks by direct deposit, has emerged.
- 15 de abril de 2019Microsoft notified affected users of a security breach caused by the compromised credentials of a support agent. Hackers were able to access email addresses, subject lines of emails, and folder names.
- 12 de abril de 2019The threat actors behind Emotet are hijacking older email threads and reviving them with new replies to make their messages seem more convincing.