Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- 23 de agosto de 2019An open-source ransomware variant is being used to target players of Fortnite, an online video game with 250 million gamers as of March 2019.
- 19 de agosto de 2019The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) recently reported that the systems of 23 organizations in the state, mainly smaller local governments, were affected by ransomware attacks.
- 14 de agosto de 2019Researchers observed APT group Cloud Atlas with a new malware campaign, combining modular and polymorphic routines for evasion and persistence.
The Rising Tide of Credential Phishing: 2.4 Million Attacks Blocked by Trend Micro Cloud App Security in 2019 1H14 de agosto de 2019Credential phishing continues to be a bane for organizations. In the first half of 2019, the Trend Micro™️ Cloud App Security™️ solution caught 2.4 million attacks of this type — a 59% increase from 1.5 million in the second half of 2018.
- 06 de agosto de 2019There’s a new player in the exploit kit landscape. Dubbed Lord, this new exploit kit was initially seen delivering the njRAT malwarebefore distributing the Eris ransomware. Here's what you need to know about this threat.
- 05 de agosto de 2019Reports of SYRK and STOP ransomware variants encrypting files on infected machines started off the month. Meanwhile, ENTSCRYPT aka GermanWiper, is a fileless ransomware and wiper that makes file retrieval impossible.
- 02 de agosto de 2019Lodi, California confirmed that the phone line and data systems disruptions it suffered months back was caused by a ransomware. The ransomware entered the city’s system disguised as an invoice attachment in an email to city staff.
- 01 de agosto de 2019This week, Cabarrus County, North Carolina, announced that it lost US$1.7 million to a BEC scam after a series of email exchanges that began in November 2018.
- 31 de julio de 2019Sophisticated software has helped industries grow and thrive in unmatched ways, but there are also risks and consequences that come with new technology.