Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- 17 de julio de 2019The GandCrab gang might be back to their old tricks. Various security researchers reported that the group might be responsible for releasing a more advanced ransomware variant called Sodinokibi.
- 16 de julio de 2019New mobile malware Agent Smith targets Android devices to install malicious versions of popular apps. The malware displays fraudulent ads for the attackers' financial gain but can be further used for bigger attacks. Google has removed the malicious apps.
- 15 de julio de 2019As ransomware becomes a bigger problem for local governments and other organizations, US mayors take a firm stand against paying ransom to hackers.
- 12 de julio de 2019The government of the City of Griffin, Georgia, lost over US$800,000 to a business email compromise (BEC) scam last month.
- 11 de julio de 2019A newly uncovered ransomware family was found targeting QNAP network-attached storage (NAS) devices. Named eCh0raix, the malware was reportedly designed for targeted ransomware attacks.
- 09 de julio de 2019Microsoft found a malware campaign pushing the Astaroth info stealer into the memory of infected computers. This particular campaign was notable in its fileless distribution method and complex attack chain.
- 05 de julio de 2019A newly discovered backdoor malware dubbed Godlua was discovered conducting DDoS attacks. Unique to this Lua-based malware is its abuse of the DNS over HTTPS (DoH) protocol to secure its communication channels.
- 28 de junio de 2019A malicious spam campaign conducted in April used ISO image files to deliver the notorious LokiBot and NanoCore trojans.
- 28 de junio de 2019With social media becoming more relevant to businesses today, organizations can take a proactive stance to secure it and even make it safer for everyone else connected to it.