Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- 15 de julio de 2019As ransomware becomes a bigger problem for local governments and other organizations, US mayors take a firm stand against paying ransom to hackers.
- 12 de julio de 2019The government of the City of Griffin, Georgia, lost over US$800,000 to a business email compromise (BEC) scam last month.
- 11 de julio de 2019A newly uncovered ransomware family was found targeting QNAP network-attached storage (NAS) devices. Named eCh0raix, the malware was reportedly designed for targeted ransomware attacks.
- 09 de julio de 2019Microsoft found a malware campaign pushing the Astaroth info stealer into the memory of infected computers. This particular campaign was notable in its fileless distribution method and complex attack chain.
- 05 de julio de 2019A newly discovered backdoor malware dubbed Godlua was discovered conducting DDoS attacks. Unique to this Lua-based malware is its abuse of the DNS over HTTPS (DoH) protocol to secure its communication channels.
- 28 de junio de 2019A malicious spam campaign conducted in April used ISO image files to deliver the notorious LokiBot and NanoCore trojans.
- 28 de junio de 2019With social media becoming more relevant to businesses today, organizations can take a proactive stance to secure it and even make it safer for everyone else connected to it.
- 28 de junio de 2019Criminal sellers are peddling ready-to-use ATM malware in underground markets for hacking into banks. In this report, we discuss how criminals advertise and even provide instructions on how to pull off a digital heist.
- 27 de junio de 2019The Silex malware quickly spread and wiped IoT devices’ firmware. The malware, which only operated for a day or so, has already managed to brick thousands of IoT devices.