Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- 03 de octubre de 2019Three hospitals of the DCH Health System were hit by a ransomware attack on October 1, forcing the medical institutions to turn away noncritical patients while they work to securely restore their affected IT systems.
- 01 de octubre de 2019CVE-2019-16928, a vulnerability involving the message transfer agent Exim, could result in threat actors being able to launch denial-of-service (DoS) or remote code execution (RCE) attacks.
- 27 de septiembre de 2019A couple discovered that their Nest security system was hacked after their thermostat was repeatedly set to high temperatures despite being adjusted and the hacker started talking to them via the camera.
- 18 de septiembre de 2019The threat actors operating the Emotet malware broke its nearly four-month hiatus by launching a spate of malicious spam emails targeting German-, Italian-, Polish-, and English-speaking users.
- 17 de septiembre de 2019A new variant of HDDCryptor aka Mamba was uncovered recently. The ransomware has been known to use DiskCryptor to encrypt disk and network files and overwrite the Master Boot Record (MBR).
- 17 de septiembre de 2019Our research highlights the current and new risks that the financial industry will have to defend against, and predict how cybercriminals will abuse and attack Open Banking.
- 16 de septiembre de 2019A new family of malware with an apparent connection to the notorious Ryuk ransomware was uncovered — but instead of encrypting files, they were found targeting government-, military-, and finance-related files.
- 13 de septiembre de 2019Identifying mission-critical information assets is essential in designing an effective security architecture. What assets demand the best defenses and protection?
- 10 de septiembre de 2019Understanding current and future threats to the internet of things (IoT) can help shape how we secure this technology that is increasingly becoming integral to today's world. What insights can be reaped from the cybercrime underground?