- 12 agosto 2014Security issues such as the Heartbleed bug and a number of huge data breaches were the main attractions of the second quarter of 2014. Targeted industries and security companies responded in varying fashion, all in the name of protecting end-users.
- 06 agosto 2014In 2013, retail chain Target was reportedly victimized by point-of-sales malware. After that, PoS malware creators show no signs of slowing as they continue to manufacture variant after variant.
- 05 agosto 2014Domain Generation Algorithm (DGA) is used by most malware to mask C&C activities. ZeuS/ZBOT variants of Gameover has upped the ante by employing a different DGA technique that makes detection more difficult.
- 01 agosto 2014Like a thousand ways to skin a cat, there are a number of ways malware avoid detection. POWELIKS malware, for example, hides in the Windows registry. Trend Micro analyzes its behavior and makes sure that customers are safe from this malware.
- 30 julho 2014Cryptoblocker is seen spreading in the US, France, and Japan, among other countries. New ransomware variants, on the other hand, are cropping up in the wild. Trend Micro investigates these malware further.
- 22 julho 2014By targeting session tokens sent via SMS in an elaborate fashion, a cybercriminal gang is able to intercept two-factor authentication and get your banking credentials. This attack is dubbed Operation Emmental.
- 15 julho 2014Repackaged apps use lures such as using a legitimate/popular app's icon or name. This method allows these malicious apps to thrive in app stores other than Google Play. Trend Micro research shows that repackaged apps are crucial in proliferation of mobile malw
- 15 julho 2014Nearly 40 of the top 50 free apps in Google Play now have fake counterparts available for download on both official and third-party app stores. These fake apps should not be taken lightly since cyberciminals are now using them in their schemes.
- 15 julho 2014Cross-platform mobile threats are here to stay, and with their capability of jumping from a user's mobile device to their PC (and vice versa), protecting against them is a top priority.