Key Learning Objectives
- Understand what Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is
- Learn how it works and why it is so useful
Just 4 steps to complete the episode!
- 1.Watch the short 3-minute animated video with the children. Play it a few times!
- 2.Discuss the video with the children using our conversation guide to help you.
- 3.Ask each child to complete the Kahoot! Quiz below.
- 4.Print the Activity Sheet below as homework for the children.
What is Two-Factor Authentication
Useful questions and answers to help you guide the conversation with kids
Why do you need to keep your information safe online?
Do you remember what a strong password looks like?
Ask for an example (they shouldn’t give their own personal passwords as examples!).
What does 2FA mean?
It means that you need two factors to access your account online. It could be your password AND a special code. When you set up 2FA, it will make sure that the person logging into your account is really you.
So, if someone knows your password, and they try to log into your account; they still can’t get into your account without a second special code/factor.
Where can you find 2FA in an app or game to turn it on?
What does the word biometrics mean?
Ask a parent/guardian to demonstrate biometrics with a device that they have at home.
What two factors could you use to log in?
A password can be one factor, a verification code by text or email can be an example of a second factor. Biometrics is another type of factor that could be used. (Facial recognition)
Take the Kahoot! Quiz
Homework Activity Sheet
Did you like the 2FA episode?
We would love your feedback! Our goal is to deliver the Cyber Academy program to as many children around the world as possible. If you have completed this episode with children at home or in school, then you are helping us reach our global goal!
The Internet Safety Series for Kids age 7-10
2 NEW EPISODES and more episodes coming soon
Start an episode today!
Each episode consists of:
- A short three-minute animated video
- A conversation guide to support teachers/parents (It’s basically a Q&A for kids)
- A Kahoot! Quiz to reinforce the learning
- A popular and fun activity sheet; a great homework activity to engage all the family at home.
Except where otherwise noted, the contents on this site, and all of our published documents and reports, are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.