Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- 28 janeiro 2020Google indefinitely suspends extensions that use the Chrome Web Store payments while Mozilla bans 197 add-ons in a quest to halt fraudulent activities.
- 24 janeiro 2020Over 2,000 WordPress sites were compromised by a malicious script that redirects visitors to scam sites, gains admin access, and installs fake plugins.
- 23 janeiro 2020A recent BEC campaign targets organizations by sending them emails with IMG (disk imaging) file attachments hiding a NetWire remote access trojan.
- 22 janeiro 2020A new sextortion scheme threatens to expose nude videos supposedly captured via victims' mobile phones and home cameras.
- 21 janeiro 2020A hacker published a massive list of Telnet usernames and passwords for more than 515,000 servers, routers, and IoT devices.
- 20 janeiro 2020On January 17, Microsoft published an advisory (ADV200001) warning users about CVE-2020-0674, a remote code execution (RCE) vulnerability involving Microsoft’s Internet Explorer (IE) web browser.
- 16 janeiro 2020An updated version of mobile malware FakeToken was found sending massive numbers of offensive messages to foreign countries.
- 15 janeiro 2020A Texas school district is investigating an email phishing attack after a series of transactions resulted in the loss of an estimated US$2.3 million.
- 13 janeiro 2020The Sodinokibi ransomware ended the year with a bang by launching a new round of attacks aimed at multiple organizations, including the Albany International Airport and the foreign exchange company Travelex.