Key Learning Objectives
- Learn how to keep your information secure on the internet
- Learn 6 ways to practice strong security skills
Just 4 steps to complete the episode!
- 1.Watch the short 3-minute animated video with the children. Play it a few times!
- 2.Discuss the video with the children using our conversation guide to help you.
- 3.Ask each child to complete the Kahoot! Quiz below.
- 4.Print the Activity Sheet below as homework for the children.
How to Protect your Security Online
Useful questions and answers to help you guide the conversation with kids
What kind of information is personal information?
What does ‘being secure’ on the internet mean?
It means that all your personal information stored on devices, apps, and games are safe and they cannot be taken by others online.
How can you be tricked into giving away personal information online?
Clicking on links or pop ups or ads, being offered free stuff if you share some personal information, (username and password). Sometimes when you click a link you could be downloading malicious software (a virus) and you won’t even know it’s happening.
Why do people want your personal information?
Companies can then target you with adverts, (to make money). They can share or sell your information to other companies for the same reason (to make money)
What security skills will protect you online?
- Use strong long passwords
- Research new Apps and games before you download/use them. Check the reviews and ratings.
- Use https:// (green lock )
- Don’t click on suspicious pop ups or links.
- Use Privacy settings (and think before you say something online!)
- Install internet security on your devices (get help from a parent).
Take the Kahoot! Quiz
Homework Activity Sheet
Did you like the Security episode?
We would love your feedback! Our goal is to deliver the Cyber Academy program to as many children around the world as possible. If you have completed this episode with children at home or in school, then you are helping us reach our global goal!
The Internet Safety Series for Kids age 7-10
2 NEW EPISODES and more episodes coming soon
Start an episode today!
Each episode consists of:
- A short three-minute animated video
- A conversation guide to support teachers/parents (It’s basically a Q&A for kids)
- A Kahoot! Quiz to reinforce the learning
- A popular and fun activity sheet; a great homework activity to engage all the family at home.
Except where otherwise noted, the contents on this site, and all of our published documents and reports, are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.