- February 11, 2016What we know about BlackEnergy, a Trojan known to have been used in attacks on Ukraine power providers that caused a massive outage in late 2015.
- February 09, 2016Hackers published data that included personal information of 20,000 FBI employees and almost 10,000 DHS employees acquired in a recent breach.
- February 05, 2016Chinese e-commerce website Taobao reportedly detected a hack attempt that involved the use of 20 million possibly compromised accounts.
- February 03, 2016Over the past few years, distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks have been used to disrupt online operations for different motivations that range from activism to extortion. What is a DDoS attack and how does it work?
- January 29, 2016Another power provider just reported being hit by a “severe“ attack, barely a month after the Ukrainian power grid was brought down by malware.
- January 26, 2016In a world where cybercriminals devise devious social engineering and computer intrusion schemes to fool employees into wiring money, enterprises run a very serious risk of getting scammed via email.
- January 25, 2016The cost of using an outdated version of Wordpress? The Brazilian government website Prefeitura Municipal de Esperança was reportedly compromised for the third time in two months.
- January 16, 2016The ICS-CERT released a security bulletin that detailed a vulnerability in the technology used to control the systems used by power plants. If exploited, cybercriminals could gain control of such facilities, effectively crippling the national infrastructure.
- January 16, 2016Operation Pawn Storm is an active economic and political cyber-espionage operation that has targeted high-profile entities from government institutions to media personalities. Here are its latest developments.