- September 10, 2019Cybercriminals who held to ransom the files of 22 Texas local government units for a combined ransom amount of US$2.5 million did not get a single cent, according to Texas state officials.
- September 05, 2019An unusual case of CEO fraud used a deepfake audio, an artificial intelligence (AI)-generated audio, and was reported to have conned US$243,000 from a U.K.-based energy company.
- August 27, 2019A new ransomware family dubbed “Nemty” for the extension it adds to encrypted files has recently surfaced in the wild.
- July 04, 2019Two of the U.S. Virgin Islands’ government offices have been hit by cyberattacks, causing substantial financial and operational disruptions. A ransomware attack was waged against the U.S. Virgin Islands Police Department (VIPD), compromising its network and se
- June 17, 2019The hacking group Xenotime, reported to be behind intrusions targeting facilities in oil and gas industries, has started probing industrial control systems (ICSs) of power grids in the U.S. and the Asia-Pacific region.
- May 31, 2019Security researchers uncovered a new malware targeting Linux systems: HiddenWasp. Learn its backdoor and rootkit capabilities — and how users and organizations can defend against this threat.
- May 01, 2019Malicious actors behind the distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks against Electrum Bitcoin wallet users were seen switching to a new malware loader.
- April 11, 2019Security researchers uncovered an additional intrusion by the threats actors behind 2017's TRITON malware, a dangerous and potentially destructive malware that targets the safety systems of industrial facilities.
- March 20, 2019The systems of Norsk Hydro were reportedly struck by LockerGoga ransomware. Here's what you need to know about this threat and how to defend against it.