By The Numbers
By The Numbers
- November 22, 2022We discuss key trends in the ransomware threat landscape from April to September 2022. Data from RaaS and extortion groups’ leak sites, open-source intelligence (OSINT) research, and the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ points to LockBit, BlackCat, Black Basta, and Karakurt as the most active groups with the most victims.
- May 23, 2022This report delves into the ransomware threat landscape of the first quarter of 2022, with a focus on the three most successful ransomware families and the types of industries and organizations that were affected by their attacks.
- January 28, 2022This latest report features the ransomware threat landscape in the fourth quarter of 2021, and includes notable ransomware families and the types of industries and enterprises that were targeted. This report also highlights two modern ransomware families that worked overtime during this period, Conti and LockBit.
- November 23, 2021This latest report examines the landscape of ransomware families, both legacy and more modern threats, in the third quarter of 2021. Our tracking and investigation covered the families themselves and the types of industries and enterprises that were targeted.
- October 05, 2017Our data shows a huge increase in home network attacks attempting cryptocurrency mining activities. This spike coincides with the recent rise in the value of major cryptocurrencies.
- September 14, 2016Some of the more notable facts and numbers taken from the Trend Micro research into the French underground.
- July 11, 2016The financial numbers behind ransomware: the cost to buy and distribute the malware, how much cybercriminals earn from it, and how much damage it has done so far in 2016.
- June 10, 2016How big has the ransomware threat become? Here are the numbers behind the rise of ransomware in the first half of 2016.
- March 17, 2016A new Business Email Compromise (BEC) campaign has been found using $25 malware to target companies in the US, Middle East and Asia.