Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- November 26, 2019Amid the excitement for Black Friday, cybercriminals are rolling out schemes to trick consumers into sharing their card credentials and profiting from the shopping season.
- November 25, 2019Trickbot's password-grabbing module has been upgraded again, this time appearing to target OpenSSH and OpenVPN data.
- November 21, 2019A new botnet is being spread among Linux-based servers running the system configuration tool Webmin.
- November 20, 2019The official Monero site was found compromised after discovering a coin stealer malware in the CLI wallet that is available for download in the site. Evidence showed that the downloadable wallets were tampered with to contain the malware.
- November 15, 2019The AnteFrigus ransomware is delivered via a malvertising campaign to lure victims to the RIG exploit kit server, while the PureLocker ransomware, has been observed to launch targeted attacks against enterprise production servers.
- November 13, 2019YouTube videos were being used in a scam to deliver an information-stealing Trojan called Predator the Thief.
- November 11, 2019Another company has disclosed that that they were hit by a ransomware attack, this time involving the encryption of the customer data of SmarterASP.net, a popular hosting service provider for ASP.NET.
- November 07, 2019An Android bug allows threat actors to transfer a malicious application to a nearby Near Field Communication (NFC)-enabled device via the Android Beam.
- November 05, 2019Ransomware made headlines again, starting with a campaign that hit companies in Spain, including Cadena SER, the country’s largest radio network. In another part of the globe, threat actors managed to infect government systems in Nunavut.