Virtualization & Cloud
- May 25, 2018Los Angeles County 211 accidentally exposed approximately 3.5 million records logged between 2010 and 2016 due to a misconfigured Amazon S3 server.
- April 13, 2018Analysis of over 1,000 open-source serverless applications revealed that 21% of them have critical vulnerabilities or were misconfigured. What does this mean for DevOps?
- January 05, 2018Security researchers reported a security flaw in Google Apps Script that can enable hackers and cybercriminals to deliver Google Drive-hosted malware when abused and exploited.
- December 20, 2017A year that saw major data breaches, including some notable ones from companies like Uber and Equifax, just saw another breach that will likely rank as among 2017’s most notable incidents.
- November 30, 2017Classified information from the NSA and US Army was left exposed on a misconfigured cloud server. Over 100 gigabytes of data about old intelligence-sharing projects was found on an unsecured and public Amazon Web Service (AWS) storage server.
- November 17, 2017DJI, one of the largest drone manufacturers in the world, was the subject of an information exposure incident when a researcher discovered that it left the private key for its HTTPS certificate on GitHub for four years.
- November 06, 2017A misconfigured Amazon S3 bucket has accidentally compromised 48,270 personally identifiable information (PII) from Australian employees working in government agencies, banks, and a utility company.
- September 26, 2017Misconfigured cloud servers continue to be a problem. As cloud services are rapidly gaining ground globally and across all industries, many organizations adopt the technology without fully securing it.
- September 07, 2017In a data-driven world where information is often a company’s most valuable asset, protecting data is more important than it’s ever been.