Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- 07 de enero de 2019Although the general public thinks of underground forums as a place where scams and suspicious dealings are rampant, the opposite is usually true: the threat actors who inhabit these sites often consider their reputation a major asset.
- 20 de diciembre de 2018The modern cybercrime landscape has changed much from around a decade ago, when most criminals either built their own toolsets or hired other developers to create them.
- 19 de diciembre de 2018As of 2018, global losses to BEC have exceeded US$12 billion. To keep abreast of the landscape that scammers are operating in, we look back on some of the noteworthy incidents and trends that made BEC a headline staple this year.
- 17 de diciembre de 2018Data from Trend Micro’s managed detection and response shows how the cybersecurity policies of organizations are reflected by the threats they most often face.
- 12 de diciembre de 2018The notorious, disk-wiping worm Shamoon, also known as Disttrack, has reemerged with an updated version. Here’s what users and organizations need to know about this threat.
- 03 de diciembre de 2018We discovered a spam campaign that uses .PUB as a macro-downloader targeting the financial, food and retail industries. The combination with detection evasion makes this malware unique and more dangerous, especially during the busiest time of the year for busi
- 03 de diciembre de 2018We look at some of the defining moments in the threat landscape that helped steer organizations toward adding proactive incident response strategies to their cybersecurity defenses.
- 29 de noviembre de 2018Advertising for legal services is slowly but surely advancing. Lawyers first won the right to advertise in newspapers, then they progressed to phone books, and now they have moved online.
- 29 de noviembre de 2018A Node.js module with nearly two million downloads a week was compromised after the library was injected with malicious code programmed to steal bitcoins in wallet apps.