Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- October 10, 2019A successful phishing attack exposed medical and personal information of around 60k patients in Indiana. The attack gave an unknown threat actor unauthorized access to the two email accounts and the information contained in them.
- October 08, 2019The RobbinHood ransomware known for targeting organizations and computers on their networks, is banking on its bad reputation to scare victims into paying ransom.
- October 08, 2019A spate of cryptocurrency-mining malware that affected Windows systems, Linux machines, and routers have been identified last September . The malware variants employed a variety of methods to hide and spread their malicious mining activities.
- October 04, 2019Organizations can still fall victim to targeted attacks because of the increasing sophistication of tactics and tools threat actors use to breach the network perimeter. What can you do to stay protected?
- October 03, 2019Three hospitals of the DCH Health System were hit by a ransomware attack on October 1, forcing the medical institutions to turn away noncritical patients while they work to securely restore their affected IT systems.
- October 01, 2019CVE-2019-16928, a vulnerability involving the message transfer agent Exim, could result in threat actors being able to launch denial-of-service (DoS) or remote code execution (RCE) attacks.
- September 27, 2019A couple discovered that their Nest security system was hacked after their thermostat was repeatedly set to high temperatures despite being adjusted and the hacker started talking to them via the camera.
- September 18, 2019The threat actors operating the Emotet malware broke its nearly four-month hiatus by launching a spate of malicious spam emails targeting German-, Italian-, Polish-, and English-speaking users.
- September 17, 2019A new variant of HDDCryptor aka Mamba was uncovered recently. The ransomware has been known to use DiskCryptor to encrypt disk and network files and overwrite the Master Boot Record (MBR).