Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- December 04, 2019Magecart has set its sights on a new set of targets: high-profile stores, including firearms vendor Smith & Wesson.
- December 03, 2019Researchers discovered a vulnerability in Android devices that allows malware to hijack legitimate apps. Using this vulnerability, cybercriminals could trick users into granting permissions to their malicious apps and provide openings for phishing pages.
- November 29, 2019Instead of greetings and holiday cheer, malicious Thanksgiving Day eCards have been found spreading the evolving modular malware Emotet as well as other malware families.
- November 28, 2019For over a year, Microsoft has been monitoring a malware strain they named “Dexphot” that has been infecting Windows devices since October 2018. The malware used computer resources to mine cryptocurrency and profit from the attack.
- November 27, 2019Counterfeit apps were found carrying a new version of the Android banking trojan called Ginp to steal user login credentials and credit card details.
- November 26, 2019Amid the excitement for Black Friday, cybercriminals are rolling out schemes to trick consumers into sharing their card credentials and profiting from the shopping season.
- November 25, 2019Trickbot's password-grabbing module has been upgraded again, this time appearing to target OpenSSH and OpenVPN data.
- November 21, 2019A new botnet is being spread among Linux-based servers running the system configuration tool Webmin.
- November 20, 2019The official Monero site was found compromised after discovering a coin stealer malware in the CLI wallet that is available for download in the site. Evidence showed that the downloadable wallets were tampered with to contain the malware.