- June 27, 2018The ePrivacy Regulation (ePR) is a proposed piece of legislation that wants to secure electronic communications in the European Union. Recent drafts show that the regulation may actually affect the development of applications like WhatsApp and Skype, as well
- June 26, 2018The UK tax authority has collected the voiceprints of over 5 million people, and a report from a privacy group shows that the organization may not be compliant with the new data protection regulations.
- June 14, 2018The UK's Information Commissioner’s Office investigated the 2014 Yahoo data breach and found that the tech company failed to adequately protect it users. The findings from the incident have resulted in a fine for Yahoo.
- June 06, 2018Online genealogy platform MyHeritage calls for all users to change their passwords after learning of a breach that occurred in October 2017.
- June 01, 2018Server keys can be exposed due to proxy vulnerabilities in a popular development software program, making them prone to attacks and theft of sensitive information.
- May 25, 2018Los Angeles County 211 accidentally exposed approximately 3.5 million records logged between 2010 and 2016 due to a misconfigured Amazon S3 server.
- May 23, 2018Researchers reported that a bug in the Comcast website revealed a customer’s full address, Wi-Fi name and password, simply by entering the customer ID and a part of the subscription address.
- May 22, 2018Researchers found an online demonstration tool that can be exploited to get highly accurate real time location data of unsuspecting users.
- May 07, 2018Email is still a widely used avenue of attack because it's a ubiquitous mode of communication. Attackers use a variety of different tactics to take advantage of users, so enterprise have to take steps to secure and protect their email systems.