Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- February 06, 2020Researchers discovered a vulnerability in smart light bulbs that can allow hackers to install malware and infect other IoT devices.
- February 05, 2020Vulnerable video surveillance storage systems are exploited by the two Mirai variants, SORA and UNSTABLE.
- February 04, 2020US government contractor Electronic Warfare Associates (EWA) was infected with Ryuk ransomware, compromising web servers and subsidiary websites.
- February 03, 20205 years after the Ashley Madison breach, cybercriminals still capitalize on the incident by introducing a new sextortion scheme.
- January 31, 2020Cybercriminals used the 2019-nCoV scare to trick people into downloading email attachments that carry the Emotet malware.
- January 30, 2020Cybercriminals were found selling over 30 million credit card details from around 40K U.S. states and 100 countries.
- January 29, 2020The Interpol, together with the Indonesian National Police, announced the arrest of three Indonesian men suspected of being behind Magecart attacks.
- January 28, 2020Google indefinitely suspends extensions that use the Chrome Web Store payments while Mozilla bans 197 add-ons in a quest to halt fraudulent activities.
- January 24, 2020Over 2,000 WordPress sites were compromised by a malicious script that redirects visitors to scam sites, gains admin access, and installs fake plugins.