Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- April 08, 2020Trend Micro researchers detected a new courier service themed malicious spam campaign that uses ACE files as attachments.
- April 06, 2020Cybercriminals exploit a feature in Excel that allows users to hide sheets by hiding obfuscated suspicious formulas in a “Very Hidden” sheet.
- April 03, 2020Trend Micro’s Managed XDR (MxDR) and Incident Response (IR) teams recently investigated an incident involving a company that was hit by the Nefilim ransomware.
- April 01, 2020Threat actors use Evernote and other platforms such as Canva, Lucidpress, and Infogram as host pages for credential phishing.
- March 31, 2020Users of video conferencing app Zoom have been targeted using suspicious domains, malicious files, and ‘Zoom bombing’ as threat actors take advantage of work-from-home arrangements brought about by COVID-19.
- March 30, 2020At least 25 people allegedly including a kingpin were arrested for card fraud by Russian federal investigators.
- March 26, 2020There has been an influx of employees signing in remotely to corporate networks and using cloud-based applications. But this shift could also open doors to security risks. Where should security fit in?
- March 23, 2020New ransomware variant Nefilim is distributed through exposed Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and threatens to release stolen data to the public.
- March 18, 2020Paradise ransomware can now spread through Internet Query Files.