- March 09, 2020Nemty ransomware was spread through love letter emails, complete with romantic email subjects and nothing but a winky emoticon in the email body.
- February 27, 2020The Reading Municipality Light Department was attacked by ransomware.
- February 25, 2020Complex and persistent threats riddled the cybersecurity landscape of 2019. Ransomware attacks found a niche in high-profile targets, while phishing scams came up with novel subterfuges.
- January 13, 2020The Sodinokibi ransomware ended the year with a bang by launching a new round of attacks aimed at multiple organizations, including the Albany International Airport and the foreign exchange company Travelex.
- January 06, 2020As the new year rolls in, new developments in different ransomware strains have emerged. Here we discuss the different techniques that Clop, DeathRansom, and Maze ransomware use and the ways users and organizations can protect themselves against infection.
- December 12, 2019We break down the digital attacks against the oil and gas industry and its supply chain.
- December 12, 2019Snatch ransomware is capable of forcing Windows machines to reboot into Safe Mode. Zeppelin ransomware, on the other hand, was responsible for infecting healthcare and IT organizations across Europe and the U.S.
- December 10, 2019Ryuk’s decryptor tool — provided by the threat actors behind the ransomware to victims who have paid ransom demands — could actually cause data loss instead of reinstating file access to users.
- November 15, 2019The AnteFrigus ransomware is delivered via a malvertising campaign to lure victims to the RIG exploit kit server, while the PureLocker ransomware, has been observed to launch targeted attacks against enterprise production servers.