Cryptocurrency: A cryptocurrency is an encrypted data string that denotes a unit of currency. It is monitored and organized by a peer-to-peer network called a blockchain, which also serves as a secure ledger of transactions, Read more
- March 29, 2022Our research into cloud-based cryptocurrency mining sheds light on the malicious actor groups involved in this space, their ongoing battle for cloud resources, and the actual extent of the impact of their attacks.
- July 20, 2021Our research sheds light on the tools and techniques used by TeamTNT and the potential impact of the group’s sundry malicious activities.
- August 19, 2020In our monitoring of Docker-related threats, we came across a threat actor who uploaded malicious images to Docker Hub for cryptocurrency mining.
Cryptocurrency Miner Uses Hacking Tool Haiduc and App Hider Xhide to Brute Force Machines and ServersJanuary 09, 2020The cryptocurrency-miner, a multi-component threat comprised of different Perl and Bash scripts, miner binaries, the application hider Xhide, and a scanner tool, propagates by scanning vulnerable machines and brute-forcing (primarily default) credentials.
- October 28, 2019A look into cryptocurrencies' state and how cybercriminals abuse miner malware to profit at the expense of legitimate businesses, how to find signs of infection, and recommendations to defend systems from its abuse.
- October 22, 2019A security company found cryptocurrency miner malware running undetected in more than half of the workstations in a European international airport.
- October 16, 2019The Winnti group has been reported to be using a previously undocumented backdoor named PortReuse presumably as a jump-off point from where the threat actors can launch supply chain attacks.
September Malicious Cryptocurrency-Mining Attacks Showcase Current Malware Techniques and CapabilitiesOctober 08, 2019A spate of cryptocurrency-mining malware that affected Windows systems, Linux machines, and routers have been identified last September . The malware variants employed a variety of methods to hide and spread their malicious mining activities.
Threat Landscape in the Americas: How Managed Detection and Response Helps Address Persistent ThreatsMarch 07, 2019We look at the most pervasive information stealers, ransomware, and cryptocurrency-mining malware in the Americas in 2018 and how they highlight the significance of proactive threat detection and incident response capabilities.