- February 04, 2019We found a malicious app posing as Adobe Zii (a tool used to crack Adobe products) targeting macOS systems to mine cryptocurrency and steal credit card information.
- May 29, 2018A persistent Monero-miner malware increases CPU activity and drains the batteries of Mac users, making the hardware prone to system slowdown and overheating.
- January 19, 2018A discovered bug dubbed as ChaiOS can cause the iMessage app to crash or reboot repeatedly.
- May 08, 2017Two remote access Trojans targeting Mac users are making headlines: Snake and Proton. Know more about their malicious tricks and how to mitigate them.
- March 07, 2016KeRanger, believed to be the world's first ransomware specifically designed to infect OS X machines has been found piggybacking on a compromised installer of a BitTorrent client.
- August 13, 2015From the fallout from the Hacking Team leak to the increased risks of using OS x, iOS, Android, and Flash Player, here's a look at how vulnerabilities shaped the threat landscape so far this year—and what to expect for the second half of 2015.
- August 11, 2015Earlier this year, a PoC malware that could infect Apple Macs through a Thunderbolt accessory was introduced. The sequel to the “Thunderstrike“ exploit doesn’t need physical access and can now be delivered online—just like PC threats.
- June 02, 2015Mere months after the very first backdoor access vulnerability for Macs was reported, another one has just been discovered with the same capability that doesn’t need physical access to do its dirty work.
- November 18, 2014Wirelurker, a malware family that targets Mac and iOS devices, has been discovered to infiltrate even non-jailbroken devices. But should there be a cause for panic?