Industrial Internet of Things
- December 10, 2020The integration of the IoT and cloud computing poses new possibilities for industries. It is important not to overlook their respective security risks and the measures to take against them when the two technologies converge.
- September 08, 2020Given the increasing use by enterprises of contactless security solutions, the security of the devices that themselves are meant to control access to premises should be of prime consideration.
- August 05, 2020This research paper looks at protocol gateways, which translate various protocols used by different industrial devices and machinery, and provides insight into the security issues and vulnerabilities found in these devices as well as ways to secure them.
- August 04, 2020The legacy programming environments of widely used industrial machines could harbor virtually undetectable vulnerabilities and malware. Our security analysis of these environments reveals critical flaws and their repercussions for smart factories.
- June 22, 2020The internet of things (IoT) landscape will be critically affected by the recently discovered Ripple20 vulnerabilities. This group of 19 bugs could potentially hit millions of IoT devices across many different industries.
- May 11, 2020Through a thorough analysis of an actual smart manufacturing environment, our in-depth security research explores several attack vectors that could be used by threat actors to launch unconventional attacks on smart manufacturing systems.
- March 18, 2020As the use of IoT extends beyond the home and goes into the vast industrial landscape, the scale of threats likewise grows.
- January 21, 2020To determine threat actors' degree of knowledge in compromising a smart factory, we deployed our most elaborate honeypot to date. The incidents we observed show the kinds of attacks that can easily affect poorly secured manufacturing environments.
- January 10, 2020At least three hacking groups have been identified aiming to interfere with or disrupt power grids across the United States. Attempts in attacking the utilities industry are on the rise, according to a report on the state of industrial control systems (ICSs).