Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- August 23, 2023We summarize the cybercriminal trends surrounding the Linux threat landscape last year, and what security teams and organizations can do to mitigate the risks and defend against attacks.
- August 17, 2023We probed the Azure Machine Learning (AML) service to identify security flaws and vulnerabilities and shed light on the unseen aspects of silent threats in managed services like AML.
- August 15, 2023This report discusses the state of generative artificial intelligence (AI) in the cybercriminal underground: how cybercriminals are using ChatGPT, how they're adding ChatGPT features to their criminal products, and how they’re trying to remove censorship to ask ChatGPT anything.
- August 04, 2023This report discusses how malicious actors will be able to deploy harpoon whaling attacks, which are highly targeted whaling attacks on specific groups of powerful and high-ranking individuals, by abusing AI tools.
- June 28, 2023This article gives an overview of the elements of virtual kidnapping and how malicious actors use social engineering tactics and abuse AI voice cloning tools and ChatGPT to launch these attacks.
- June 22, 2023This report delves into the nature of pig-butchering scams, how scammers carry out their operations, the new pig-butchering tactics we’ve observed in the wild, and what individuals can do to avoid falling for these fraudulent investments and dealing with massive amounts of debt.
- April 03, 2023We explore three differently sized criminal groups to determine how they compare to similarly sized legitimate businesses in terms of how they are organized. We also discuss the advantages of knowing the size of a target criminal organization for cybercrime investigators.
- March 29, 2023Our research identifies sensitive environmental variables in the Microsoft Azure environment that, when leaked, can be used by malicious actors to compromise the entire serverless environment.
- March 28, 2023We looked into professional and business networking platform LinkedIn and how cybercriminals abuse the platform to victimize users and companies, and how they monetize posted personal, career, and organizational information.