Social engineering: The art of deception employed by online crooks to get their hands on your money is what the term social engineering generally refers to. Leggi l'articolo
- 30 luglio 2020We found online dating website scam campaigns primarily targeting Japanese customers for their personal and financial information.
- 18 ottobre 2018Continued innovations in mobile technology enable businesses to respond to growing demands. Here are some best practices to make sure that the whole enterprise is protected against constantly evolving threats.
- 23 aprile 2018An emerging threat actor called Gold Galleon targets maritime shipping companies, related businesses, and their customers in business email compromise (BEC) and social engineering attacks.
- 12 marzo 2018MIT's recent research delved into 126,000 stories tweeted by around 3 million accounts from 2006 to 2017 and found that fake news spread faster and were more likely to be retweeted than true stories.
- 04 luglio 2017A social engineering attack shut down a popular Ethereum Classic wallet. But apart from this type of attack there are more sophisticated threats on the landscape.
- 13 giugno 2017This research paper explores the tools and methods used to spread fake news and manipulate public opinion: the services that enable them, their appearance on social media sites, and the motivations behind these activities.
- 20 ottobre 2016Cybercriminals often use social engineering tactics to pry information from users and enterprises. Here are the most popular scams from TV and movies, and some tips on how to recognize them.
- 21 settembre 2016A Wall Street technology firm was sued by investment firm, Tillage after losing $6M in a Business Email Compromise (BEC) scam reportedly due to the negligence of the former’s employee.
- 17 marzo 2016A new Business Email Compromise (BEC) campaign has been found using $25 malware to target companies in the US, Middle East and Asia.