- 28 giugno 2017The Petya ransomware family has reemerged, becoming one of the most impactful yet. Is it similar to WannaCry? Does it have a kill switch? Here are some frequently asked questions about the threat.
- 15 giugno 2017A South Korean web hosting company was hit by a Linux version of the Erebus ransomware. Here’s what you need to know about the threat and what sysadmins can do to defend against it.
- 15 giugno 2017The activity of Hidden Tear variants have been on the rise since March this year and there seems to be no signs of it stopping. Two more HT-based variants popped up this week.
- 06 giugno 2017Hidden Tear variants continue to proliferate, now more sophisticated and with new features. New ransomware also provides victims with more convenient payment options and more elaborate interfaces.
- 30 maggio 2017After the Week of WannaCry, the ransomware scene looks to be going back to normal, with both old and new variants making their presence felt.
- 19 maggio 2017WannaCry was the biggest story of the week, as the ransomware used the EternalBlue exploit to infect thousands of systems around the world.
- 15 maggio 2017WannaCry’s impact may still be palpable among organizations around the world, but a “kill switch” will help them keep the ransomware at bay. Here’s what IT/system administrators and InfoSec professionals can do.
- 13 maggio 2017Here’s what you need to know about this ongoing threat and what you can do to protect against it.
- 12 maggio 2017This week’s roundup of latest ransomware sightings: a spate of ransomware as a service, one that exploits hacked remote desktops, and the return of notorious mobile ransomware, SLocker.