- August 15, 2019About 23 GB worth of data consisting of 27.8 million sensitive biometric records was found exposed in a massive data breach involving biometric security platform BioStar 2.
Unsecured AWS S3 Servers Lead to Steep Settlement Fee for Dating App Jack’d, Exposed Data for Fortune 100 CompaniesJuly 03, 2019Jack’d, a chat and dating app that caters to “gay, bisexual, and curious men,” has been hit with a US$240,000 settlement payment and an order to improve security after it failed to secure a leaky Amazon Web Services (AWS) S3 server that contained users’ privat
- May 14, 2019The personally identifiable information (PII) of almost 90% of Panama’s population has been divulged due to an unsecured Elasticsearch server. The server was found without authentication or firewall protection, connected to the internet, and publicly viewable
- March 12, 2019We examine the nature of internet routing and see how it may be in conflict with border-specific regulations.
- July 24, 2018Japan’s reformed data privacy law is recognized as “equivalent” to the EU’s GDPR. The recognition of reciprocal adequacy creates the world’s largest zone of safe data transfers and reinforces the importance of data protection in international trade.
- July 09, 2018To comply with the EU's General Data Protection Regulation, many companies have improved their privacy policies. A new AI tool called Claudette is being used to assess these policies to see if they are compliant with the regulation.
- July 06, 2018Chrome 68 will not only show a warning notification on unencrypted websites, but may also affect search ranking and traffic.
- July 05, 2018Online survey hosting company Typeform announced that attackers accessed their server to steal clients’ data. Organizations are starting to disclose their use of the platform and individually notify affected customers.
- July 04, 2018The state’s new data privacy regulations give consumers more rights on how businesses collect, use and exchange their personal information, while receiving the same quality of service.