Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- October 04, 2019Organizations can still fall victim to targeted attacks because of the increasing sophistication of tactics and tools threat actors use to breach the network perimeter. What can you do to stay protected?
- October 03, 2019Three hospitals of the DCH Health System were hit by a ransomware attack on October 1, forcing the medical institutions to turn away noncritical patients while they work to securely restore their affected IT systems.
- October 01, 2019CVE-2019-16928, a vulnerability involving the message transfer agent Exim, could result in threat actors being able to launch denial-of-service (DoS) or remote code execution (RCE) attacks.
- September 27, 2019A couple discovered that their Nest security system was hacked after their thermostat was repeatedly set to high temperatures despite being adjusted and the hacker started talking to them via the camera.
- September 18, 2019The threat actors operating the Emotet malware broke its nearly four-month hiatus by launching a spate of malicious spam emails targeting German-, Italian-, Polish-, and English-speaking users.
- September 17, 2019A new variant of HDDCryptor aka Mamba was uncovered recently. The ransomware has been known to use DiskCryptor to encrypt disk and network files and overwrite the Master Boot Record (MBR).
- September 17, 2019Our research highlights the current and new risks that the financial industry will have to defend against, and predict how cybercriminals will abuse and attack Open Banking.
Information-Stealing Malware with Connections to Ryuk Targets Government, Military, and Financial FilesSeptember 16, 2019A new family of malware with an apparent connection to the notorious Ryuk ransomware was uncovered — but instead of encrypting files, they were found targeting government-, military-, and finance-related files.
- September 13, 2019Identifying mission-critical information assets is essential in designing an effective security architecture. What assets demand the best defenses and protection?