- January 10, 2020At least three hacking groups have been identified aiming to interfere with or disrupt power grids across the United States. Attempts in attacking the utilities industry are on the rise, according to a report on the state of industrial control systems (ICSs).
- October 30, 2019Trend Micro’s Zero Day Initiative (ZDI) will bring industrial control system (ICS) hacking into the Pwn2Own competition. The categories will be based on how widely used the system is and the relevance to researchers and the ICS community.
- September 23, 2019The nonprofit group Open Privacy Research Society recently publicized that the confidential medical and personally identifiable information (PII) of patients across Vancouver, Canada, is being leaked through the paging systems of hospitals in the area. What do
Xenotime, Hacking Group Behind Triton, Found Probing Industrial Control Systems of Power Grids in the USJune 17, 2019The hacking group Xenotime, reported to be behind intrusions targeting facilities in oil and gas industries, has started probing industrial control systems (ICSs) of power grids in the U.S. and the Asia-Pacific region.
- April 11, 2019Security researchers uncovered an additional intrusion by the threats actors behind 2017's TRITON malware, a dangerous and potentially destructive malware that targets the safety systems of industrial facilities.
- December 11, 2018Our security predictions for 2019 are based on our experts’ analysis of the progress of current and emerging technologies, user behavior, and market trends, and their impact on the threat landscape.
- October 30, 2018Securing energy and water should remain top priority in the continuing integration of the industrial internet of things in these critical sectors.
- August 28, 2018A review of the first half of 2018 shows a threat landscape that not only has constant and familiar features but also has morphing and uncharted facets: Ever-present threats steadily grew while emerging ones used stealth.
- April 18, 2018Security researchers reported several vulnerabilities in ICS routers commonly used in vital infrastructures, such as water and electricity generation and distribution.