Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- October 04, 2022Our research on APT group Earth Aughisky (aka Taidoor) lists the observed malware, connections, and developments attributed to the group. We also include our insights on the possible implications of changes in the organization's activities for their current and future victims.
- August 24, 2022Cybercriminal groups cannot operate independently. To keep their operations up and running, they need specific services provided by third parties. We investigate one such business that has been integral to the activities of a number of high-profile gangs.
- August 08, 2022Innovators are diving into a new and immersive virtual space, but with new technology comes new threats. We bring forward possible problematic issues that metaverse pioneers should be wary of.
- June 30, 2022In past decades, we have seen how the web has drastically evolved. From the static, read-only version of Web 1.0, we have witnessed its transformation to its present mode — as the dynamic, interactive, and content creator-driven iteration that is Web 2.0.
- May 24, 2022Our research uncovers the tools and techniques used by Earth Berberoka across different platforms to target online gambling sites.
- April 26, 2022Our research examines how cloud tunneling services work and how organizations can thwart threats that abuse them.
- April 19, 2022The Data Distribution Service (DDS) standard drives thousands of systems every day as a middleware component for machine-to-machine communication with real-time requirements.
- March 29, 2022Our research into cloud-based cryptocurrency mining sheds light on the malicious actor groups involved in this space, their ongoing battle for cloud resources, and the actual extent of the impact of their attacks.
Keeping a Close Watch: Trend Micro Specialized Cybersecurity Report for Latin America and the CaribbeanMarch 11, 2022In collaboration with the Cybersecurity Program of OAS/CICTE, we examine the cybersecurity challenges affecting member states of the OAS. These issues include ransomware and active attacks, threats related to remote work, and the risks brought about by the adoption of new technologies.