- December 13, 2019Researchers found hundreds of malicious Android apps to steal users' information, install adware, and access devices via excessive permissions.
- December 05, 2019Google has provided an update stating that 80% of Android apps have adopted the HTTPS standard by default. HTTPS encrypts network traffic, preventing third parties from intercepting data from apps.
- April 03, 2019Click fraud apps pushed a 100 percent year-over-year increase in malware installed from Google Play in 2018.
- March 14, 2019Researchers reported two Android malware campaigns that have more than 250 million combined installs: SimBad and Operation Sheep. Learn more about these threats and how to defend against them.
- March 05, 2019We looked back at 2018’s mobile threat landscape to see the possible threats that lie ahead and help users and organizations proactively defend against them.
- August 10, 2018Fortnite: Battle Royale, Epic Games' massively popular online game, is being released on Android, but not on Google Play Store. Does it pose a security risk?
- May 29, 2018Researchers reported that over a hundred Android devices had been preinstalled with the adware Cosiloon, affecting more than 18,000 gadgets in more than 100 countries.
- April 20, 2018Android mobile apps reusing advertising SDKs still using HTTP protocol risk exposing unencrypted user personal information, security researchers warned at the RSA Conference.
- March 16, 2018An Android adware named RottenSys has reportedly affected nearly 5 million Android devices since 2016, with the capability to turn affected devices into becoming part of a botnet.