- November 11, 2019Another company has disclosed that that they were hit by a ransomware attack, this time involving the encryption of the customer data of SmarterASP.net, a popular hosting service provider for ASP.NET.
- October 17, 2019Over 2,000 Docker hosts have been infected by a worm that discreetly uses them to mine the Monero cryptocurrency.
- October 01, 2019CVE-2019-16928, a vulnerability involving the message transfer agent Exim, could result in threat actors being able to launch denial-of-service (DoS) or remote code execution (RCE) attacks.
- September 05, 2019The complexity of container infrastructure, if not properly accounted for, can pose serious security risks. To minimize risks when building in containers, we came up with six steps that developers can follow.
- August 16, 2019In a survey commissioned by Trend Micro, majority of the respondents shared their concern for the risks in implementing DevOps. Learn why consulting IT security teams in the initiatives can help bridge gaps between production and security.
- July 26, 2019Threat actors are targeting Linux servers with vulnerable software, namely the project management tool Jira and the message transfer agent Exim, using a variant of the Watchbog trojan, which drops a Monero miner to expand their botnet.
- July 10, 2019Two vulnerabilities, assigned CVE-2019-9629 and CVE-2019-9630, were uncovered in Sonatype’s Nexus Repository Manager (NXRM) — an open-source governance platform used by DevOps professionals.
- June 26, 2019Kubernetes announced the discovery of CVE-2019-11246, a high-severity vulnerability affecting the command-line interface kubectl, during an ongoing third-party security audit.
- May 23, 2019Roughly 19% of the top 1,000 most popular containers on the Docker Hub portal are misconfigured, leaving them vulnerable to attacks given specific conditions.