- April 20, 2020Maze ransomware, notorious for not just encrypting but for stealing victims’ data, attacks a US IT firm. The company sent emails to customers which include IP addresses and file hashes that have been linked to previous Maze attacks.
- April 03, 2020Trend Micro’s Managed XDR (MxDR) and Incident Response (IR) teams recently investigated an incident involving a company that was hit by the Nefilim ransomware.
- March 23, 2020New ransomware variant Nefilim is distributed through exposed Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and threatens to release stolen data to the public.
- March 18, 2020Paradise ransomware can now spread through Internet Query Files.
- March 10, 2020Trend Micro Cloud App Security detected and blocked 12.7 million high-risk threats that passed through the built-in security of cloud-based email services. We provide an in-depth report on the notable trends and stories from 2019 to help organizations prepare.
- March 09, 2020Nemty ransomware was spread through love letter emails, complete with romantic email subjects and nothing but a winky emoticon in the email body.
- February 27, 2020The Reading Municipality Light Department was attacked by ransomware.
- February 25, 2020Complex and persistent threats riddled the cybersecurity landscape of 2019. Ransomware attacks found a niche in high-profile targets, while phishing scams came up with novel subterfuges.
- January 13, 2020The Sodinokibi ransomware ended the year with a bang by launching a new round of attacks aimed at multiple organizations, including the Albany International Airport and the foreign exchange company Travelex.