Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- February 20, 2020The fake cards, looking like club membership cards from major retail stores, have barcodes that hide credit card details.
- February 18, 2020The hacked email account of a finance employee was exploited to steal millions of dollars from the Puerto Rico government.
- February 14, 2020Fake dating apps were cited as one of the most notable sources of #malware in Africa, with 7,000 attacks detected in 2019.
- February 13, 2020Before, the Emotet malware mostly spread through spam campaigns. Now, it can also propagate via Wi-Fi.
- February 12, 2020Over 30K records of US inmates were inadvertently exposed through a leaky AWS S3 cloud storage bucket.
- February 11, 2020In a quest to clamp down on synthetic and manipulated media, Youtube and Twitter ban deepfakes.
- February 10, 2020Trend Micro researchers detect a spam campaign targeting South Korea. Cybercriminals send out emails written as a notice from the Korean Fair Trade Commission.
- February 07, 2020Trickbot and Emotet were concealed by using text from articles about #Trump and placing them in the file metadata.
- February 06, 2020Researchers discovered a vulnerability in smart light bulbs that can allow hackers to install malware and infect other IoT devices.