Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- March 30, 2020At least 25 people allegedly including a kingpin were arrested for card fraud by Russian federal investigators.
- March 26, 2020There has been an influx of employees signing in remotely to corporate networks and using cloud-based applications. But this shift could also open doors to security risks. Where should security fit in?
- March 23, 2020New ransomware variant Nefilim is distributed through exposed Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and threatens to release stolen data to the public.
- March 18, 2020Paradise ransomware can now spread through Internet Query Files.
- March 17, 2020Trend Micro researchers detected a new Ursnif campaign that targets Japan and spreads through malicious word document files.
- March 13, 2020New variants of notorious banking trojan Trickbot was distributed via DLL and had features that focus on Windows 10.
- March 12, 2020While the .NET framework is originally intended to help software engineers, cybercriminals have found a way to abuse its features to compile and execute malware on the fly.
- March 09, 2020Nemty ransomware was spread through love letter emails, complete with romantic email subjects and nothing but a winky emoticon in the email body.
- February 27, 2020The Reading Municipality Light Department was attacked by ransomware.