Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- February 28, 2023A look into the cybercriminal gender gap, the status and perceptions on gender profiles in the underground, and the role assumptions have for law enforcement.
- February 23, 2023Our research paper shows how decision-makers that are in a position to affect ransomware at scale – including policy-makers and industry leaders – can use data-science approaches to understand ransomware risk holistically and build cybersecurity strategies that can affect the ransomware ecosystem as a whole.
- January 05, 2023In this report, we examine how these low-level threats have evolved through the years and discuss the three types of low-level threats that affect Windows systems. The categorization of more than 60 of the most noteworthy Windows low-level threats observed in the wild from 2015 to 2022 and where these threats stand in today’s threat landscape are discussed.
- December 15, 2022Our research looks at the potential evolutions and revolutions in the current ransomware landscape based on significant triggers and catalysts. We highlight the specific developments (triggers) that could cause gradual changes (evolutions) before sparking more drastic transformations (revolutions).
- October 20, 2022From articles to hackathons, cybercriminals are resorting to crowdsourcing to find more ways to exploit systems. In this article, we tackle these contests, explore their results, and anticipate their possible impacts on the work of cybersecurity defenders.
- October 05, 2022Remote and hybrid workplaces are now the norm. We highlight some risks and threats to these setups and detail recommendations for organizations to keep their diffused labor pool secure.
- October 04, 2022Our research on APT group Earth Aughisky (aka Taidoor) lists the observed malware, connections, and developments attributed to the group. We also include our insights on the possible implications of changes in the organization's activities for their current and future victims.
- August 24, 2022Cybercriminal groups cannot operate independently. To keep their operations up and running, they need specific services provided by third parties. We investigate one such business that has been integral to the activities of a number of high-profile gangs.
- August 08, 2022Innovators are diving into a new and immersive virtual space, but with new technology comes new threats. We bring forward possible problematic issues that metaverse pioneers should be wary of.