Cybercrime & Digital Threats
- 10 julho 2018The NIS Directive is a new EU regulation that sets new security standards for critical infrastructures. A range of different enterprises, from transportation and energy companies to digital service providers, will be affected.
- 09 julho 2018A new Rakhni variant was found with the ability to decide whether to install ransomware or cryptominers. It also has a worm component, installs spyware, and can disable Windows Defender.
- 03 julho 2018Big breaches in June: Marketing data firm Exactis inadvertently leaked personal information of American citizens and businesses, while Paris-based Fastbooking and ticketing distributor Ticketmaster UK suffered data breaches.
- 27 junho 2018Researchers reported that the hospitality industry remains a top target for hackers aiming to steal data or access accounts using botnets and stolen credentials.
- 25 junho 2018An old tactic is being used by cybercriminals to bypass Microsoft Office 365 (O365) filters for phishing emails. The technique, called ZeroFont, involves the manipulation of text font sizes to trick O365’s natural language processing.
- 21 junho 2018Researchers found a new malware called MyloBot in the wild that features new attack and evasion techniques — as well as the ability to delete other existing malware in the infected system.
- 20 junho 2018Cryptocurrency exchange Bithumb suspended all services after an attack resulted in losses amounting to approximately US$31 million.
- 19 junho 2018Syscoin's GitHub account was hacked to distribute modified versions of their software. Developers who executed Syscoin 18.104.22.168 are advised to change their unencrypted cryptocurrency wallet passwords and back up their files.
- 18 junho 2018Health savings custodian HealthEquity suffered a security breach after an employee fell for a phishing attack, exposing the personal healthcare information of an estimated 23,000 individuals.